Hello all. here is a part of a email my dad sent out about my surgery that was last tuesday
Katie had her surgery today. What we thought was the problem was that the cables--this sounds big, but they are not much bigger than a hair...were lying against the trigeminal nerve and irritating it. That seemed the best situation and could be helped and fix her problem. That is what they found! The two cables were lying against the nerve...infact had pressed a groove in the nerve. The surgeons were able to mobilize the cables and not mess up the implants and get them off of the nerve. Then they put in some teflon "sponges" ...little things that will pad the nerve and keep it from getting irritated again. Now what we are waiting for is the nerve to heal. Hard to know how quick that will be, hopefully soon and then the pain should be gone! The surgeons were happy with the result and feel it should work out ok. The usual problem that causes this type pain is a blood vessel leaning on the nerve...and in this situation there is better than a 90% cure rate with decompressing the nerve. Of course, Katie is unique, these surgeons have never seen or heard of a case of trigeminal neuralgia due to a cable from an implant. So she is keeping with her status of being a medical lab rat....but we hope she will have a cure from her pain.
i am doing much better now that i am home. I have a hard time somewhat sleeping at night due to the surgery site. my left hip hurts somewhat from the drain that they put in my lower spine. My hands sorta shake and have a tingle feeling in them since i had my surgery. I am only taking tylenol for the pain and something for the nausous. I haven't been really been able to eat plenty. I use a rice pack on my hip and shoulder for the pian i have. I should be going back to work next weekend. I am not suppose to lift over 10 pounds so i am not sure what i will do for that and being a cashier at Target.
Thanks for a the prayer and the support i have been having.
Sowing Seeds of Faith
16 years ago

4 comments:
Oh man Katie! Good luck with the recovery! I love you!
You are amazing! I'm ezhausted just reading about what you went through!? Look forward to seeing you back at the Target! Love ya!
Yay! I'm glad things are going well. Just take is slow while you recover. We are excited to see you in a week! love ya!
Looks like I'm not the only one behind in their blogging =)
Post a Comment