Saturday, February 7, 2009

Dr. Appointments and a MRI for my shocks

Hello Everyone- I have had a busy week. We went to a specialist last Tuesday to see what they say about the shocks. We saw Dr. Coldwell and a Resident. I have something called trigeminal neuralgia which a nerve that gives feeling to the face and the gums is irritated and cause pain to my right side of my face and gums. We have been looking for a solution. I am taking several medications that help partly and make me very tried and gained some weight. Yep skinny Katie has gained weight. I have seen a specialist at the University of Utah and had a had another MRI. They wanted me to have a special MRI so me and my mom went to the appointment and they said this type of MRI is too powerful for my implaint so we had a appointment for a brian one in Provo where i usually to my MRIs. The MRI show a small tumor on my trigeminal nerve on my right side. We will see a specialist on Tuesday to make a decison on Treatment. It could be injections in the nerve or some radiation treatment to the nerve. the last option is some surgery which i don't want unless nece sary .

i will post again as soon as i know something.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hi Katie! How nice to see your blog! You have one incredible story! I'll check back for updates.

You are an amazing girl. WOW.

www.emilysmusings.com

Janae said...

Katie, I'm glad they discovered the cause of the shocks. I hope that things with ways to treat the tumor. You're in my prayers--miss you!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

u are amazing Katie! hang in there girl...you are in my prayers!