I had 2 tumors in my right hand that been bugging me for a while. I told my parents and dad said to wait and watch them. I started to talking to my mom one day and she said it would be my choice about seeing a doctor and so on. I told my dad since I was the one who living with it it was my choice and had mom make an appointment.
When the day came for the appointment, we saw the PA and to see what going on. The doctor ordered an MRI. I have to say the MRI was really not comfortable. I was superman style in the machine. The tumor hand was stuck so I couldn’t move. Lucky my dad found out the result the same day so we thought it would be a good easy surgery like the my one I had on my left ankle. We scheduled the Surgery for May 24th. I had a week long break from school starting the following day.
Surgery Day: I stayed the night before at my parents house. Me and my mom went and checked in and got what labs I needed done. I changed into the lovely hospital gown. The surgery was about an hour maybe less. The staff was so amazing. It was the first time I dealt with an amazing staff.
I woke up with a bandage on my wrist.
Man I hated the bandage so much. I dealt with it for a week and man it was miserable. I had to have my mom wash my hair and so on. The doctor said I had to stay at my parents house for 12 hours and then I would be able to go back to my place. once the time was up I wanted to go right away. mom being worrier so I chilled out for a bit. I wanted to target for a bit before going home. mom was worried about me being safe and had me text her if I needed her. I talked to a few people and I think I got a few things. I got back to their place but no mom but dad was there. I told him I wanted to go home so he helped me get my stuff and put in the car and then off I went. I slept pretty good in my own bed. I chill out the next few days. On sunday I went to sacrement meeting then went to my parents house.
Post op appointment was June 4th. I was totally ready to get the stiches out and the bandage was stinky. We got in the exam room and the nurse cut off the bandage and took out the stiches.
Here a picture before the stiches came out
I called it my Zombie hand. The doctor to not cover it so I wore a light weight glove when I worked. things were good. I have normal hand function I have numb spots but that not really bad to deal with.
Here a picture weeks after my post op appointment
My 9th implant anniversary July 24.
I had no school or work. So me and my mom went to breakfast at Mimi’s café which was really good. We both took out leftovers home. Made a good lunch. I chilled out most of the day. That evening I met up with some people from my ward at Yogurtland and was visiting and having a good time. I went home and study for test that I needed to do that week and showered and watched some tv before bed. These past 9 years been so good even if there been a few bumps along the way. I am so blessed to have amazing support system.

1 comments:
not only are you bionic, you are amazing! love you!
Post a Comment