Monday, January 28, 2008

The Good, The Sickness, and the Sad

Hello everyone I had a eventful weekend. Starting with my little brother Dave called my parents on the 22nd to let them know that he was leaving the mtc. Two days later we got an email from him.
On Saturday. I started out the day having breakfast at Callie Cafe in Orem with my good friend Beth Farnsworths. We are planning a breakfast date each month at callies since it is so good and not expensive.
That evening my sister Miriam and brother-in-law Raymond picked me up to meet my parents at Outback Steak house for Raymond Birthday dinner. I ordered a yummy Pasta dish which was really good. we said our goodbyes to them and went home with our leftovers. I woke in the middle of night and threw up twice and was able to sleep the rest of the night good. i woke up and told my mom about the throwing up which was mostly my dinner the night before. she said i had food poisoning Yuck. I threw out my leftover pasta. I was feeling pretty crummy. I got ready to go to church. I was only going to stay one meeting and let my bishop was leaving the ward for the deaf ward. but i didn't find him so i emailed him went i got home. I was able to eat plenty. we went to miriams and raymonds house for cake and ice cream. and played a fun game of shoting uno card game with hayley and whitney.
The sad news is out beloved prophet President Gorden B. Hinkley Passed away at 6:30pm on sunday. this is bittersweet news for everyone. if you would like to know more about the LDS church go to mormon.org or any LDS websites

2 comments:

Janae said...

Sorry to hear you got food poisoning! That is just no fun.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie - This is Shawn, Hadlie and Payton's Dad. You have posted on our blog a couple times (The Ballard Family) and mentioned that you might be able to babysit. I was wondering if you had any Valentines Day plans, because I wanted to take Kate to Dinner and perhaps you could watch Hadlie for a couple hours. It would be Thursday at 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Let me know what you think. My email is skpballard@gmail.com