Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ohio Gathering for NF2ers Oct. 2010

Hey Guys this last weekend. Me and my mom went to Grove City Ohio for a gathering for NF2ers. They do each october. This year theme was Chirstmas in October. I was neat to meet a few fellow nf2ers that i have chatted with through AIM.

Friday Oct. 8th – Me and my mom left really early for the airport and hang one layover in Phoenix and then flew 3.45 hours to colombus ohio. Then we took a taxi too the hotel and man that was expensive to do. When we got to the hotel we got checked in and meet a few who were

greeting arriving NF2ers. We then headed down to the conference room to register and meet others. Phyillis and Steve Lee put together the conference room really nice. Me and my mom then went and ate some food that the hotel does a kick back hot food each evening. P4040019 I met Prasilla and Jodi who are wonderful friends who i have been looking forward in meeting. I was shocked how short both of them was to me. We then gathered in the conference room for the Food eating contest they were eating Siders(4 each). the winner was Steve Lee. Then we hungout a little and then i headed up to the room and relaxed and went to bed.

Saturday Oct. 9- We had a presentation from 3 doctors who have been working on medical trials that work shrinking NF2 tumors. then we had a group pic taken. We then headed out to lunch at Red Robins which was really good. i got a good drink and a yummy Salad. P4030010 We headed back to the hotel and me and my mom and jodi wraped 60 white elephant gift for the gift exchange that night. Jodi was such a good sport since one of her hands don’t work. then we had the rest of the time was freetime. me and my mom hanged out in the hotel room napped and watched tv. We got ready for the chirstmas dinner and got fancy even though it was casaul . i had a cute red sweater dress and green tights and my black knee high boots that have a good size heel on them. I had few comment about them since most of the girls there have quite a balance problems. we had a catared dinner that was good. Then Santa Steve came out. Heather little boy Aaden didn’t want anything to do with Santa. I got a herb grow kit. I wasn’t up to being more that since i was tired and it was new expexience for me. I hungout out in the hotel room watching tv, reading my Sony Ereader, showering and waiting for my mom to come back up.

Sunday October 10th- Last day in Ohio. We had breakfast and then we headed to the conference room for a devotional. It was great. They shared a chirstmas song that touched me. It was another faith Song called the Night before Jesus came. We then got our suitcases down and checked out and hungout with a few nf2ers. P4040016 It was cute to see how Aaden basicly jumped into my arms. He was wonderful little 18 month little man full of energy and loves to try and talk. Phyillis sister gave us a ride to the airport and jodi too. We in fact were on the same outgoing flight to phoenix with her. My mom bought her lunch and it was really nice to see how my mom and her interacted with each other. Jodi is so wonderful and amazing too. Hearing her story how she losted 2 brothers and her mom to NF2. She has 1 brother still alive and her dad too but either don’t have nf2.

Here is a picture of a few of us NF2ers gals

P4040017

Here a Ohio Sunrise that i took. it was so beautiful

P4040013

On a side note. I am still looking for a roomate for this townhouse that i will be moving into before Chirstmas. scan0001 It a good rent and nice place. i have table and chairs and my parents are letting me have an old couch and love seat set. I have been buying a few things here and there. If you guys know any some Female who looking for place and doesn’t mind living in PG. Please let me know.

I will write more soon

Katie

2 comments:

Olivia Hernandez said...

Great post Katie! I wish I had been there, I am so jealous you got to meet Aaden!! Sounds like you had fun girl :)

Unknown said...

I liked reading about the fun time you had in Ohio :). It looks like you're going to be moving into a nice place. Good luck on finding a roommate.